Scarlet globe radishes have the classic scarlet skin color. The flesh is white and has a mild flavor and a delightfully crisp texture.
Sale Quantity: By the bunch
Uses: Scarlet globe radishes add a stunning bit of color to a salad, and can also be enjoyed raw with hummus or roasted in a pan.
Grown in: Student Transitional Organic Field
Preparation and Storage
Preparation: Rinse radishes well before use.
Storage: Store radishes in a dry plastic bag, or a container with a lid in a shallow amount of water. It is best to eat them quickly to ensure the best texture and flavor (3-7 days.) If they become a bit soft, they can be put in a bath of ice water before consuming to perk them back up.
Nutrition: Radishes are very low in calories, with only 19 calories for a 1 cup serving. They are packed with Riboflaven, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, and fiber.
Roasted Radish and Herbed Ricotta Omelet
- 1 cup Early Scarlet Globe radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh Whole milk ricotta
- 2 teaspoons fresh Chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh flat leaf Parsley, minced plus extra for topping
- 4 large or extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preaheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Toss radishes with olive oil and salt, spread in thin layer on baking dish and roast until soft and tender for about 10-12 minutes
- Combine ricotta with minced herbs in a small bowl
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat, then pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, lifting and tilting the edges until the entire bottom is mostly set, flip the omlette and remove from the heat
- Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over half of the omelet and sprinkle with half of the radishes
- Fold the omelet over and sprinkle a few more roasted radishes and some minced parsley
- Repeat for the second omelet, and serve immediately